My anime obsession

Anime has been a huge part of my life since 2013, when I watched Naruto and Sword Art Online. They were definitely some of the more popular ones at the time, with Naruto being part of the "Big 3". The other 2 constituents of the big 3 are One Piece and Bleach. Dragon Ball is one of the older anime, having been aired quite a few years before either of these previously mentioned anime— so you could say it's the elder or ancestor to these anime.

These days, the anime that I indulge myself in are mostly isekai. Isekai anime usually have these main characters that were normal people in their past life who get transported to a new world with "swords and magic". Reverse isekai like Re:Creators also exist though, which is the opposite. Sword Art Online was my first isekai, but I wasn't aware of the genre at the time.

That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime *or TenSura for short* was the anime that made me fall in love with the genre. This was later solidified by other anime like Overlord and Wise Man's Grandchild (known as Magi's Grandson at the time of release). Fun fact: These anime with long names have most likely come from light novels, which are full novels released weekly and contain multiple sagas like in manga or anime. Sometimes light novels originate from web novels.

Another anime I love to mention is Noragami. It was really underrated for the longest time, though these days I feel like it's getting the recognition it deserves, especially from the TikTok community. It's about a unrecognized Japanese god that meets a human girl and they save each others butts the whole time, alongside his regaliaćƒ¼ a teenage boy with problems who later resolves them and becomes surprisingly strong. The characters in this story are very much like kids. Yato (Yaboku) who has been alive for decades (centuries even) seems like he is falling for a teenage girl, which I find kinda sus.

Hiyori is too involved in Yato and Yukine's business, causing her to seaparate from her body more and more as time progresses. Not to mention every time she gets involved she gets close to being killed every single time, yet this doesn't deter her from being involved with the god of depravity. I still love the genuine relationship she has with Yato and Yuki. 

Comments

Popular Posts